What is this product?
We have compiled CSV tables that contain the land location descriptions and lat/lon map coordinates for each point, ready for deployment in your application
What will I receive when I order this?
You'll receive CSV files formatted exactly the same as the sample files (downloadable from links below) for the following States that use the PLSS:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Immediately after you complete the checkout process, your files will be available for download from either the checkout page or from the My Account area.
Please download and confirm this is what you require prior to purchasing as we can't offer refunds on downloadable products.
Who Is This Product For?
Anyone that is developing an application where you need to geo-code legal land locations (e.g. sections or quarter sections) into map coordinates.
What's Included in the Data?
We went to great lengths to compile data that fits the needs of a wide variety of applications. The resulting databases are the results of hundreds of hours of GIS processing to generate them!
Data you'll receive:
- Centroid Coordinates for every Section + Quarter Section
- Various data columns to fit with your query formats
- Each land location also tagged with the County it is situated in
Understanding the Naming Conventions Used
We have used the following prefixes to identify different locations within a section of land:
- SEC = Section Center
- NW = Center of NW Quarter
- SW = Center of SW Quarter
- NE = Center of NE Quarter
- SE = Center of SE Quarter
Download Sample Data
- Colorado Data Download sample data here
- Iowa Data Download sample data here
- Kansas Data Download sample data here
- Minnesota Data Download sample data here
- Montana Data Download sample data here
- Nebraska Data Download sample data here
- N. Dakota Data Download sample data here
- Oklahoma Data Download sample data here
- S. Dakota Data Download sample data here
What It Doesn't Do
Please download and verify that the sample data are suitable for your needs as the paid data use the same format (the only difference being that the paid data also have an extra column we added that tells you what RM or Country the location is within).
What Can I Do With The Data?
Here's the EULA.
Basically, you can use it in any applications where the databases won't be available to the end user in their original form. And you can't re-sell the data.