W. Canada Quarter Section Maps for Garmin Nuvi GPS Units
If you opt for download delivery it will be available via ‘My Account‘ immediately after completing the checkout process – scroll down this page for full instructions
Rural Navigation Solution
If you live and work on the Prairies, you know you can’t rely on cell coverage, despite what the network operators tell us! Using a Garmin Nuvi GPS with our custom maps will show you where you are, and let you find and navigate to where you need to go.
How it works
Our custom maps contain the quarter section parcel lines, as well as labels for each quarter section. The map files also include custom points of interest that allow you to search for a legal description in a similar way to searching for stores, restaurants, etc.
You can opt for two different delivery methods:
- Order a physical MicroSD card that we ship to you. The card will be pre-programmed with the custom maps. You simply insert it into your Garmin and voila!
- Opt for the download method. This requires that you download the required map files, unzip and copy them onto your own blank MicroSD card. If that doesn’t sound easy to you, please order the physical card version!
While the maps should run on all Garmin Nuvi models, if you’re looking to purchase one we recommend one of the following as we’ve found them to run the maps well and provide fast search of land locations:
- Garmin DriveSmart™ Series (e.g. DriveSmart 50/51/60/61)
- Garmin Drive Series (e.g. Drive 50/51/60/61)
- Garmin Nuvi 40/50
The map overlays will work on all Garmin Nuvi models. Depending on the model, the search method is slightly different. To determine which method you’ll need to use, tap the ‘Where To?’ button on your GPS:
- On models that show you an option for ‘Points of Interest’ > ‘Spell Name’ you simply enter the land location on this screen and hit search
- On newer models where you see a list of categories you’ll need to tap that, then scroll until you see an option for ‘Custom POI’s’. You will search using this method